I've picked out a theme for myself for next year because I believe I'll accomplish more if I focus my time and efforts in one direction. So I've decided to dedicate next year to preserving memories. I've identified 10 items that I can/should work on. All of them involve preserving memories, either mine or those of someone close to me. Here they are in no special order.
- Redo Family Cookbook: involves retyping all the old recipes as well as collecting and editing any newly contributed recipes. Also need to collect photos of those whose recipes appear in the book.
- Write, edit and publish one family history (LIPA): involves identifying missing info for direct line ancestors, gathering photos, learning about the history of the area in Poland, and typing. Lots of typing.
- Put documents for one family online (LIPA): Could be done in tandem with #2, this would involve putting the documents online for one entire family and typing up the relevant information.
- Convert family videos to DVD format: involves going through and watching all the tapes, making notes, putting in basic edits and burning to DVDs. Would probably need help with this one.
- Burn photo collections to CD/DVD: This involves collections of photos from family albums of relatives. Would need to enter captions and identifying information for all pictures.
- Start writing memoirs: This involves typing up moments in time from my life, special events, special people. Lot of fun, lots of typing.
- Scan our family photos: go through and identify all the photos of the kids when they were small, scan them, catalog them, and burn them to CDs.
- Digital scrapbooking: this one has so much possibility for creative fun! Could make meaningful artwork, books, etc.
- Interview my mother in law and scan her family photos: involves recording an oral family history, scanning all the family photos and yearbooks, cataloging everything and burning to DVDs. Family movies are already done :-)
- Scan my husband's photos and stuff: There's basically one box of stuff but it's packed full of photo albums and scrapbooks his mom made for him.
I'd like to find time to edit my novel too (no, I haven't reread it yet... being sick for several days has totally messed up my plans for this week and I haven't gotten much hobby time yet :-( I'm hoping to get to it soon.
In the next few days I'll make a decision on which of the items above I'm going to start the New Year off with. I have an idea about which I'd like to start with... stay tuned to find out which it will be!
I want to say a special thank you to all those who've sent their well wishes to me. Your kindness means a great deal. I'm happy to report that I am finally back to 100% :-)